This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who has the basic skills to create and modify project plans using Microsoft Project 2010, and who needs to use Microsoft Project 2010 to manage and customize those plans through the implementation stage of a project.
Students enrolling in this class should have the ability to create and update project plans using Microsoft Project 2010. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following course:
- Microsoft Project 2010: Level 1
- Project Management Fundamentals: (Second Edition)
- A general understanding of project management concepts is helpful, but is not required. To obtain this general understanding, you may choose to take the following course:
- Knowledge of other Microsoft Office 2010 applications would also be helpful, but is not required.
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- exchange project plan data with other applications.
- update a project plan.
- manage project costs.
- report project data visually.
- reuse project plan information.
Lesson 1: Exchanging Project Plan Data with Other Applications
Topic 1A: Import Project Information
Topic 1B: Export Project Plan Cost Data to an Excel Workbook
Topic 1C: Copy a Picture of the Project Plan Information
Lesson 2: Updating a Project Plan
Topic 2A: Enter Task Progress
Topic 2B: Enter Overtime Work
Topic 2C: Edit Tasks
Topic 2D: Reschedule a Task
Topic 2E: Filter Tasks
Topic 2F: Set an Interim Plan
Topic 2G: Create a Custom Table
Topic 2H: Create a Custom Field
Lesson 3: Managing Project Costs
Topic 3A: Update Cost Rate Tables
Topic 3B: Group Costs
Topic 3C: Link Documents to a Project Plan
Lesson 4: Reporting Project Data Visually
Topic 4A: Create a Visual Report
Topic 4B: Customize a Visual Report
Topic 4C: Create a Visual Report Template
Lesson 5: Reusing Project Plan Information
Topic 5A: Create a Project Plan Template
Topic 5B: Create a Custom View
Topic 5C: Make Custom Views Available to Other Project Plans
Topic 5D: Share Resources
Topic 5E: Create a Master Project